Sunday, May 20, 2012

Rossiyanka Game

Two days ago we had our big game against the first place team, Rossiyanka.  We played them at home, and it was the first game I was able to play in at our stadium! As we were only a few points behind them it was an important game for us and we spent the whole week leading up to it working hard to be ready for it.  Unfortunately, the game didnt go as hoped but I was happy with the way we played.  I thought it was one of our best games yet.  We were all working hard, created several chances (many of which were probably harder to miss than make) and played good solid defense.  Unfortunately, in the 65th minute they received a free kick outside of the box on the side of the field.  I was marking their Brasilian center back (who was a good 6 inches taller than me).  The cross was served to the back post and as I was going up for the header, I lost the ball in the sun and it hit off my chest and went into the goal.  Needless to say, I have continued my scoring, unfortunately, it was for the wrong team this time.  The game finished 1-0, that being the only goal scored.  

I was pretty bummed after the game and did my best to get some sleep that night... but like, I am sure, Robben and Schveinsteiger feel right now after last night's Champions League final, sleep was hard to find.  If you couldnt tell from the abundance of pictures I have been taking since I have been here, photography has become a new past time of mine when I need to get away from the base and from people.  With a poor internet connection, the Harry Potter series completed, and a guitar that you cant really just take on walks with you, I have been spending my time outside of the base photographing almost everything I see.  So, I decided to upgrade from the iphone to a Nikon 3100 series!  It is awesome and so much fun! I have been taking it everywhere and learning as much as I can about how to use it.  Grandpa Foxhoven and Tracey, if you guys read this, I have gotten much inspiration from the photos you guys have taken and I wouldnt mind some pointers if you feel like handing them out!  So, expect some better photos in the future!  

We have another resting period between games again until the 28th.  We will be traveling for those games so I am not sure what our schedule will be.  As my time here is beginning to wind down I am doing my best to soak in the Russian culture and make the most of the time I have left.  It is crazy how quickly time has passed, and yet, being back in America with my friends and family seems like years ago.  I am both looking forward to the end coming near and already not wanting to leave here.  What strange feelings traveling alone can create. 

I hope all is well back at home, I miss everyone!

Cheers!

Dani

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the purchase of your new camera, Danielle! That is so nice of you to say that I have inspired you... awwww! I wish I could offer you some pointers, but to tell you the truth, I have no idea how to use my camera. Not even kidding. I had been using a basic point-and-shoot Canon Powershot A570 for ever and ever, and then last year we bought a Canon Rebel T2i. Which I have no idea how to use, so I just point and shoot it.

    It sounds like you are having a great experience out there! When do you return to the States? Enjoy the rest of your time, and soak it all up. I really love reading your blogs.

    Love
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete